Saturday 15 February 2014

The Ellerslie Intermarque Concours and Classic Car Show 2014

The Ellerslie Intermarque Concours and Classic Car Show 2014

Sunday the 9th of February 2014

http://www.concours.org.nz/

Well this is a late post! But recently I have gotten a new job so I am spending a lot of time learning the new processes and procedures as well as the business and its structure so not much time to spare these days!

I also went up north this weekend to visit a car museum which I will report on next week. However to day is all about the Ellerslie Car Show.

I was rather impressed at the size of the show covering a vast area around the horse racing track. All sorts of cars were represented from the ultra modern to the very classic. All cars were in fantastic or immaculate condition. The venue was great with tailored lawns and shrubbery it made for a nice and elegant setting to display the vehicles.

Admission was $15 however I was admitted free (by sheer luck and fortune :) but again the food vendors were taking advantage by offering hot-dogs on a stick for $4.50 (if I remember rightly) Shaved ice in a cup for $4 and other horrendous prices for simple food. I am not sure if it is the vendors or the venue which dictates these prices but needless to say I didn't buy anything.

The day started off slow as I was one of the first few through the gate but to my surprise the overcast day opened up to a sunny afternoon and many more people ventured out.

I must say that this is one of the better car shows put on and it was well set out and was positioned in a well groomed setting.

I was especially looking forward to seeing the Back to the Future car which was inside the main building on display and I was not disappointed!

Lets have a look at some pictures and a YouTube video of the day:

 photo IMG_41261_zps085dde83.jpg

 photo IMG_41311_zpsd5db937a.jpg

 photo IMG_41031_zps7690a630.jpg

 photo IMG_39781_zps0cb96c42.jpg

 photo IMG_40091_zps2292d86d.jpg

 photo IMG_40101_zpsb2de77dc.jpg

 photo IMG_40191_zps208e5939.jpg

 photo IMG_42401_zps3031ba32.jpg

 photo IMG_43471_zps5584f70e.jpg

 photo IMG_43911_zps68a4ceec.jpg



As I mentioned before next week I will take you to the Packard Museum located near Whangerei.

Until then have a fantastic week! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment